REF: G73180 Tweddle Place SMR
Dear Homeowner & Valued ATCO Customer:
We are writing you on behalf of ATCO to inform you about the upcoming Steel Mains Replacement (SMR) work in your neighborhood. Canadian Utility Construction (CUC) has been contracted by ATCO to complete this work in your neighborhood.
- The project will take place in your neighborhood from September until November 2017.
What You Can Expect:
- While in your neighbourhood, CUC’s work will require access to your yard to locate existing utilities and video tape the work area before your lane closure date.
- CUC’s work will also require excavation activities to be performed in your yard, laneways and roads. The roadway in front of your house may also be used temporarily to stockpile material or equipment.
- To help ensure public safety, excavations open and accessible to the public will be fenced or supervised. Please be aware of hazards and avoid excavation and stockpile sites
- CUC is responsible for all clean-up work that will begin immediately after your gas upgrade is complete. CUC maintains a high standard of work and the construction area will be returned to “as good as or better than” conditions prior to our construction.
- For some, ATCO residential and small commercial customers with meter sets located indoors will have the meter sets relocated by CUC to a safe location on the outside of the residence or business.
- Prior to construction “No Parking” signs may be placed along one side of the road where the work will take place. As construction progresses and paving is completed feel free to park along both sides of the road again.
- To complete this work, CUC will be required to shut off your gas to energize your new gas service. Prior to shutting the gas off CUC will provide you with a “Relight” notice that will provide you with at least 48 hour notice of construction.
- Vehicles will need to be relocated where no parking signs are put up.
More information on ATCO’s work can be found at ATCOGas.com/SMR
Should you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to speak to the foreman on site or contact the following:
General Foreman: Evan Kustaski (587) 434-1574 or email@example.com
Office: (780) 705-3838
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.
Canadian Utility Construction Corp.