There are a few things going on in Ward 11 I’d like you to be aware of:
- The Redevelopment of Mill Woods Town Centre will be going to Public Hearing on Monday, July 10th at 1:30pm
- The development at Christopher’s Site in Tweddle Place will also be going to Public Hearing on Monday, July 10th at 1:30pm
- If you would like to speak to any items at the Public Hearing please click HERE
- Phase 1 of ATCO’s work (west side road closure) is now scheduled to begin next week. This work will involve excavation and installation of a fitting west of 66 Street to isolate ATCO’s 323mm pipeline. Pembina Pipelines is currently excavating in the fenced site on the west half of 66 Street where the road is currently detoured. As Pembina Pipelines’ excavation scope progresses, we will start work on the 323mm excavation within the existing fenced site. ATCO’s scope for Phase 1 is scheduled to take four weeks. Phase 2 is currently scheduled to commence in late August.
- What You Can Expect
During construction, there may be lane closures or reduced accessibility to roads, alleys or pathways.
While in your neighbourhood, our work could consist of digging in municipal roadways or boulevards. This work will not take place on private property. You may also experience increased traffic, construction noise and detours. To help ensure public safety, excavations open and accessible to the public will be fenced or supervised. Please be aware of hazards and avoid excavation sites.
What This Means For You
- There will be no interruption to your natural gas service.
- We will complete our work in a safe, efficient manner and restore the work area to the same condition as it was before the start of the project.
Serving You Better
In the coming weeks, ATCO employees or contracted crews will be completing work in your neighbourhood or near your business.
This work could include:
Digging/construction activities around existing natural gas facilities.
Performing work on existing natural gas facilities in your area.
Whether it’s heating your home or providing that blue flame to cook family meals, we help ensure natural gas is always there when you need it.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact my office.
Councillor Mike Nickel