Valley Line LRT Construction — Trail Closure Louise McKinney Riverfront Park and Henrietta Muir Edwards Park
EDMONTON, AB — June 14, 2016 – Construction is underway on the 13.1-kilometre southeast leg of the Valley Line LRT. As a part of these works, specific trails within the North
Saskatchewan River Valley must be closed.
On or around the week of July 11, 2016, in support of the construction of the new Tawatina Bridge, full trail closures will be in place in the areas of Louise McKinney Riverfront Park and Henrietta Muir Edwards Park.
To accommodate this work, trail closures will take place in the following areas (Please see attached map. Closures are noted in red.):
- The Cloverdale Footbridge trail connecting Louise McKinney Riverfront Park to Henrietta Muir Edwards Park.
- South trail of Louise McKinney Riverfront Park, running past the River Valley Adventure Co.; parallel to the North Saskatchewan River, to the north entrance/exit of the Cloverdale Footbridge, and up the path leading to the Chinese Garden.
- Several staircases in Louise McKinney Riverfront Park will be closed.
- Lower trail of Louise McKinney Riverfront Park running east to Cameron Avenue.
- West trail of Henrietta Muir Edwards Park running to and from Rafters Landing.
- Trail in and east of Henrietta Muir Edwards Park.
- South trail of Henrietta Muir Edwards Park running to and from the Muttart Conservatory, including pedestrian overpass on 98 Avenue.
North Side of River:
To travel east:
Stay on Grierson Hill and go south on Cameron Avenue to reconnect to trails.
To travel west:
Stay on Grierson Hill to connect to trails. Cyclists must dismount on sidewalks.
South Side of River:
To travel east-west:
Stay on trails adjacent to 98 Avenue.
The work will take place between 7:00am-7:00pm. To ensure pedestrian and cyclist safety, these River Valley trails will remain closed until summer 2019.
For your safety, please stay away from the closed areas during construction.
For more information, please refer to the attached map transedlrt.ca
|TransEd is Proud to partner with the City of Edmonton on the Valley Line||Edmonton|