Construction Notice — Tweddle Place Living Wall
The City of Edmonton will be installing a living wall demonstration project. The living wall is a visual and sound barrier that incorporates plant material to form a hedge-like, more natural alternative to traditional sound barriers. The living wall demonstration project is a component of the Tweddle Place dry pond expansion, one of the flood improvement projects planned for the Tweddle Place community. Maps showing the location and work planned are on the back of this notice. Additional information about the living wall is attached.
Expected start date: September 22, 2014
Expected completion date: December 31, 2014
What You Might See and Hear
- Noise from heavy equipment and workers
- Work crews and construction equipment
- Movement of pavement, dirt and pipes
- Construction debris and dust
- Signs and barricades indicating restricted access areas and detour routes
- Construction will take place between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday.
Traffic Accommodation and Access
- The shoulder on the northbound lanes of 91 Street will be closed adjacent to the project area. Construction equipment and vehicle access will be from 91 Street.
- The shared use pathway in the vicinity of the project area will be detoured to the east side of the construction site, along the alley west of the 40 Avenue cul-de-sac.
• Emergency (police, fire and medical response) access will be maintained at all times.
- There are no planned service disruptions for construction.
- Construction sites are dangerous.
- Please keep away from the construction site and the equipment.
- Keep to designated detour routes, and follow posted signage.
- We will take every precaution to ensure public safety, but we need your assistance.
Your cooperation and patience during the construction period is essential and appreciated.
For Further Information Call:
Diane Wirtz, Drainage Services, Project Manager: 780-944-5975
City website, www.edmonton.ca Transportation —> Traffic Reports
General Inquiries, 311(24 hours)